Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS No.:||87-51-4||Purity:||Min 98%|
cytokinin plant hormone,
plant growth enhancer
Wholesale Factory Price Root Growth Hormon IAA Indole Acetic Acid CAS 87-51-4
IAA dissolves in anhydrous ethanol, ethyl acetate and dichloroethane instantly;
It can dissolve in Diethyl ether and propyl-alcohol;
It can’t dissolve in water and benzene etc.
IAA is easy to be decomposed in the light and air.
IAA is predominantly produced in cells of the apex (bud) and very young leaves of a plant. IAA has many different effects, as all auxins do, such as inducing cell elongation and cell division with all subsequent results for plant growth and development. On a larger scale, IAA serves as signaling molecule necessary for development of plant organs and coordination of growth.
1. In high concentrations inhibition, in small concentrations promotion of longitudinal cell growth and the related water absorption of the cells. IAA causes a fairly rapid increase in the cell wall extensibility in coleoptiles and young stems.
2. Promotion of cell division of the meristematic tissue.
3. Promotion of root formation even on tissues which do normally form roots, but inhibition of growth, excpet in smallest concentrations.
4. Promotion of callus formation and callus.
5. Inhibition of budding and growth of auxiliary buds and bud formation.
6. Influencing of leaf, flower and fruit shedding.
7. Influencing of flower formation
8. Formation of parthenocarpic fruit (seedless fruit).
9. Promotion of respiration and protein formation.
Indolylacetic acid (IAA) is a kind of indole broad-spectrum plant growth regulator with somatotropin activity.
1. IAA affects cell division and cell elongation;
2. IAA is used to stimulate rooting of herbaceous and woody ornamentals and increase the size of fruit;
3. IAA prevents blossom fall and fruit drop before fructification and fruit ripening, flower & fruit thinning flower introduction, increase output.
Contact Person: Abby